Make Ahead Breakfasts are My Jam

As  a mother of three, time seems to always be of the essence.  I sometimes feel as though there aren't enough hours in the day - are there really??? {Sidenote: there is always time for wine.}
But back on track,  one thing I have picked up in my 10 years of motherhood is to utilize time in the best way possible.  One way I save a ton of time is to pre-make breakfasts.
My kids are NOT morning people, its a daily struggle to get them all out of bed, dressed, fed, groomed and to school.  I have collected a few tried and true recipes that are standbys - this one included.  Banana Chip Peanut Butter bars are amazing.  The kids love them, I love them, my husband loves them, they're easy and packed with protein.  I originally found a recipe in a free grocery store flyer and adapted it a little to accommodate my family's tastes and needs.  I typically make these every other week and they'll last 2 mornings - and I bake them in the evening while I'm cooking dinner (two birds with one stone - you betcha) then everything is ready before we wake up. Yesssss. #momwin

Banana Chip Peanut Butter Bars

Ingredients:
1/3 stick of butter softened
3/4 c smooth peanut butter
3/4 c brown sugar
2 c oatmeal (I use quick oats)
1 tbsp. ground flaxseed (this is optional - I add it for extra omega 3s)
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2/3 c banana chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8x11 pan with non stick spray. 

Mix all ingredients together except banana chips in a stand mixer until well combined. 
Spread into pan evenly, and crumble banana chips over top. Press the chips into the mixture gently. 
Bake for 22-25 minutes, allow to cool

Once cooled, cut into squares and store in an airtight container or individual ziplock baggies.
Enjoy!
xoxo,
Nicole





Comments

Popular Posts