What to Wear {Christmas Edition}

Holidays can be tricky; are we going to a formal party, a casual lunch, church with the fam?? We are lucky enough to have most of our family and friends live close which means December is a whirlwind of events for us to attend!!! We love it, it gives us a change to get together and reflect on the year, I mean isn't that what Christmas is about anyways?
Here are a few of the things I will actually be wearing this year - I figure if I'm going to suggest something I better be wearing it myself right....

I like to dress it up a bit for Holidays, I think its was ingrained in me from a young age - lace and velveteen circa 1985 anyone??? Oh ya my mom was fancy.  So this year I am pairing a simple black wrap dress in a midi length (love this length) with my favorite leopard pumps, a long structured red coat draped with a black faux fur scarf.  I've added a black tote bag and fun gold earrings! I love this look is classic enough to wear to your in-laws for Christmas Dinner but also sleek enough for a formal Christmas party - bonus a black wrap dress such as this will last season to season, definitely a timeless piece.

Our Christmas Eve isn't quite as dressy as Christmas Day so why not have some fun while still staying festive and comfortable!! I started with this cobalt blue A line dress - I absolutely love the color and the shape is flattering on any body type.  I added fun black suede over the knee boots - Why not add a little sass to the family party - not to mention it keeps you legs warm (fashion hack) I topped the look with a simple black long coat (this one is such a steal and I love the way it looks with jeans and a sweater for everyday - our goal is function here, I need my clothes to work dual purpose if they can) A cute black purse and these gorgeous earrings from Stella and Dot (my favorite part of the look)


We have a few events every year that are definitely more casual but I still like to jazz it up with some holiday colors and patterns.  A basic pair of skinny jeans is a closet staple (I love these from A&F and they come in tall sizes - a must for us tall girls) I added a button down flannel shirt in red, green and black plaid (again a great price and comes in tall sizes) top the flannel shirt with this CUTE faux fur vest that's under $40 and easily can be worn over so many things (dresses, tshirts, sweaters) I added some low heel brown booties and these star earrings that I just love.  Add a red hat to complete this look! Perfect for Christmas shopping, lunch with friends, brunch or on Christmas Day as some families keep things casual!!


I hope these looks have inspired you to get into the Christmas spirit!!

XOXO
Nicole

Comments

Popular Posts