The Best Peanut Butter Cookies Ever

There are certain parts of my childhood that rein in strong even to this day at the ripe age of thirtyeig..er the ripe age of thirty something.  One thing in particular is my moms home made peanut butter cookies.  I'm not sure why - the ingredients are simple and there isn't anything fancy added, but I've tried probably 10-12 other recipes and I just keep coming back to this same old recipe written on a recipe index cards (does anyone use these anymore?) in my 19 year old handwriting. As usual with baking cookies, I decrease the bake time by a minute to keep them chewy.  So if you're in the market for a new PB cookie, give this one a try!


Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 C Butter - softened
1/2 C Peanut Butter - I use Skippy Smooth its the best for this recipe
1/2 C Sugar
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 1/4 C Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt

In a stand mixer (or bowl and wooden spoon) mix together butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, and egg.  Set Aside. Mix together the dry ingredients in another bowl and slowly incorporate into the wet ingredients. 

Chill dough for 20 minutes

Meanwhile preheat oven to 375, and prep your baking sheets with silicone mats, parchment or baking spray (however you like to do it, just so the dough doesn't stick)

I use a mini ice cream scoop to get each cookie uniform in size (OCD anyone!?) then roll into a ball and place on the cookie sheet.  At this point you can gently press down to flatten the ball or use a fork to create a criss cross pattern.

Recipe calls to bake them for 10-12 minutes; I bake mine for 9 minutes.

Let cool on a baking rack and you're good to go! 

Enjoy!
xoxo,
Nicole

Comments

Popular Posts