Tomato and Corn Salad: A Simple Summer Staple

I adore all the flavors of summer! It is by far my favorite season and I love the garden ready vegetables, the juicy melons - give me them all!!! Over here we grill almost every night in the summer, because our kitchen is small (currently - but a renovation to come) we like to get outside and enjoy the patio while were cooking (wine optional)
I have a few summer sides that are easy and healthy and can be thrown together in a flash.  This one in particular I've been making for years because it's fresh and delicious and everyone loves it.  Tomato and Corn salad is great alongside some grilled meat, perfect to bring along for a potluck because it's served at room temperature, and the leftovers are great for lunch the next day.  You can change it up by swapping out the cilantro for basil to change it up a bit or to coordinate with the rest of your meal. Ahhh summer.



Tomato and Corn Salad

3 C halved cherry tomatos
3C corn (Fresh off the cob is best but you can use frozen or canned - make sure to defrost or drain)
1/4 C chopped cilantro

Dressing:
3 Tbsp red wine vinager
6 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix the tomatos, corn and cilantro in a bowl, set aside.  Mix the dressing ingredients, then pour over salad - combine and your done!!!

I said it was easy!!

Enjoy!
xoxo
Nicole

Comments

Popular Posts